Friday 21 January 2005

Just had the most boring lunch ever..

...ever been so bored you could shed tears ?? Yep, happened to me today. Met up with a couple of insular academically inclined acquaintances. Of the 90 mins or so, 85 mins were spent with me listening to them talk about the structure and semantics of south asian diasporic literature in the 20th century, followed by a listing of the top 5 desi uni lecturers in cultural anthropology in north America...

...just wanna go home now and get drunk Devdas style. Man, after my experience today, I'm glad I have some Punjabi truck driver friends to do some serious peg-shegging with..just a shame they're probably all out somewhere in the United Snakes of America battling snow and ice on their way back...or maybe they're having a glassy or two at some rest stop.. :)

No comments: