Friday 6 January 2006

My back !

The human body is an amazingly complex marvel of evolution. Yet much of it remains undiscovered in terms of cause and effect of ailments that beset it. Take me for example... :) 3 days ago whilst tying my shoelaces prior to leaving the house for work, I got this inexplicable shooting pain that went across my back....I felt like some black dude that had just been taser shocked by Toronto police (not that I've ever had the pleasure of being tasered by any law enforcement agent...LOL).

The pain has not fully subsided and even now, three full days later, I have this area just below my right shoulder blade which sears me like a hot poker...sleeping is painful and only gets better during the day when I'm upright. (All this coming from a person who previously never got back pain and gets a headache maybe once every 2 years). I don't really want to see a doctor - medical or witch - coz I suspect the pain will go away just as quickly as it arrived (I hope). I will check out my 'medical cabinet' over the weekend and see if certain medicines like Black Label and/or Bacardi will help loosen the intransigent muscles in my back.... :))

8 comments:

Jas B said...

Although the "daroo" will most definitely work, visiting a physiotherapist would be a good idea. Avoid the chiropractors, please.

Hope you feel better soon.

I hate going to the doctors as well.

~enfield~ said...

Sphere saab, the description of your pain sounds kind of worth attention. Unless you are sure it is muscular, and no more than a muscle pull or cramp, which is the chance more than not, I would suggest you see your doctor, or give me a call in the evening.

Spheric said...

Jas - thx for your best wishes. I hope your sleeping pattern improves soon. :)

Dr. sahib - if it doesn't get better soon, I'll call you for a consultation.

Jas B said...

Sphere Bhaji, how is the back doing?

[This is like the longest word verification ever!! :)]

Spheric said...

Jas ji.

I am absolutely A-1, tip top condition now. The cat-like agility has returned to my back. :)

Tololy said...

I am sorry to learn of what happened to you. I hope you get well soon! This sure sounds painful.

Jas B said...

Sphere Bhaji, to show my support for you I have messed up my back as well!! :)

Jas B said...

Sphere Bhaji, long time no post? Very unlike you! Hope you are doing well.