Friday 3 November 2006

Winter approaches...

It felt good this morning when I got out of the car and my shoes made contact with the first snow of the year. That the snow was but a light sprinkled dusting in a town located in the rural bible belt of Ontario is neither here nor there. I have decided that in the 6 years since I came to Canada, I prefer winter to the oppressively hot humid summers of Ontario. I can actually think and focus better in a colder climate - my level of mental alertness increases exponentially in a shivering environment, and the quality of my night sleep improves significantly. Plus I appreciate more the bricks-and-mortar sanctuary that I call home as the North Wind howls outside....

In fact I am positively looking forward to arctic sub-zero temperatures, more of the white stuff and even have a secret hankering for the occasional winter storm. No doubt I'll be watching 'The Weather Network' with a heightened sense of anticipation in the days ahead...... :)

2 comments:

Jas B said...

We got loads twice already, Bhaji.
Brrrr. Although the temperatures haven't really dipped lower than
-14 yet. I am getting loads of arm workout every morning trying to scrape the frost off of my car's windshield! :)

I can't stand the heat anymore... 20 degrees is ideal dwelling temperature for me. :)

Spheric said...

Re: "We got loads twice already"...I so envy you. :)