Friday 8 February 2008

Spinning wheels


Yesterday I felt like a stranded German Panzer tank commander on the Russian Eastern front during the Second World War. The cruel Russian winter was one of key factors in halting the march of the Third Reich. Roll on another 65 years and in another part of the world, and lo and behold another marvel of German engineering is stopped by the elements. To be fair to the V-Dub, we had a huge dump of snow (our third snowstorm in less than a week) and I hadn't shovelled the driveway before attempting to make a quick getaway. It took several attempts at pushing and shovelling before I was back on the road again......

3 comments:

Jas B said...

Bhaji, tuhade wal kaafi snowstorm aaye is season, mein news te dehkiya ki almost double barf pai gayi is waar eastern canada vich!

Saade paase is waar jyada barf nahi payi.

I love the way you have compared your experience to the German experience with the elements! :D

I shall blog my experience with that amount of snow when I first moved to Calgary. It was frustating and hilarious actually but very satisfying at the same time! You'll read about it very soon on my blog. :)

Jas B said...

Bhaji you have been tagged, see details on my blog.
As well if you like standup comedy, please check out Sugar Sammy in TO. Details at www.absolutecomedy.ca. He is hilarious. Please pass owrd around your friends as well.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ history analogy.

Good job you don't drive Japanese otherwise I'd be reading about your kamikaze attempts !!