Monday 19 December 2005

Consultants: Money for nothing ?

"That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and your chicks for free" (Dire Straits)


Okay, musical trip down memory lane aside, how many of you have actually got value for money from external consultants ? Specifically those involved in system implementations ? I'm looking at 2 consultant documents in front of me - 1) a sub-standard system design document with what amounts to an incomplete defined scope, non-descript testing and training strategy, a tendency to use verbose abstract concepts which means little to anyone outside of an MBA class and 2) an invoice for payment of consultants whose hourly rate is $250+ per hour.

I am sooooo definitely in the wrong job...

3 comments:

Jas B said...

I am sooooo definitely in the wrong job...

So am I!! :(
I would love a $250.00/h job...

Spheric said...

Ju too ? Well if you stay good, maybe in next life you might get a promotion... :)

Jas B said...

If I could have a rewind button on my life, maybe I will do it in this life!! :)

But the thing is, I love doing research. I love the lifestyle. Maybe I should give up hopes of earning $250/h, and be content with mere 20! Ha ha