Friday 23 December 2005

Review: Kong

Watched 'Kong' last night at the big screen. Oh.my.god - the film is a chick-flick ! Never realised I'd put it in the same category as something like 'Bridget Jones'.... The 'romance' between the over-sized ape and the anorexic blonde was just a little too much to bear (somebody pass me a bucket). LOL...reminds of how some desi men court their women. :)

There were some interesting creature fight scenes, and I thought the atmospheric build-up for the barbaric island that Kong lived on was excellent. Definitely one could see the Peter Jackson input that was put into this lavish 3 hour epic.

I would have given this movie a 9/10 but I deducted 2 points for the 'it loves me, it loves me not' scenes between the chimp and the actress.

7/10....worth watching just for the island scenes.

2 comments:

EmCee said...

hahaha now i understand why one of my friends was being teased for crying at this movie!

~enfield~ said...

King Kong is Jatt!

Saw King Kong today, and I can confidently say that he must have been a Jatt, and more specifically a Deol. The way he walked, talked, loved, danced, fought, and died, I could see every bit of Dharmendra and Sunny. The best part was when he tore apart the jaws of that dinosaur, and then played, "Flick", "Flick".

Other than that, the film was average. Initially, it felt like another sequel of "Jurassic Park". Soon, I was sitting through a sequel of "Eight Legged Freaks". Towards the end the film treaded the path of an oft repeated (ghissi-pitti) story of a Hindi film.