Wednesday 7 December 2005

Where are my Clementines ?

I've given up on eating tangerine oranges.....besides, I always thought they looked a bit creepy sitting there in the supermarket fruit section.

In the absence of my preferred (seedless) clementines I bought a bag full of tangerines the other day so as to allow me to cope with hitting the 3pm wall, but everytime I got my jaws into salivating eating mode I had to stop to spit out a mouthful of seeds. What is with that ? Where is the instant gratification ? Is this the gastronomic version of coitus interruptus ? You would have thought the way the US government and big agro-food corporations have tried to bully the world into eating genetically modified Frankenstein foods, that they could create some seedless orange varieties for yours truly.... :)

4 comments:

Jas B said...

Hi there! I was wondering whether your found your seedless clementines, if not, I spotted tons out here and can ship you some!
Have a great week!

Jas B said...

pardon my typos!

Spheric said...

Jas peinjee,

Being the insaan type, I forgive you your typos... :)

Thx for the offer, but my local supermarket have told me a batch of Moroccan clementines should be here by the weekend. I can't wait !

Jas B said...

Thanks for calling me Jas "Peinjee".
Refereshing, it is. Not many use this word to address these days.

Many thanks for pardoning my typos, I remain eternally grateful!
:)

Enjoy the clementines!