Tuesday 20 December 2005

I feel like Superman...



...well almost, and a cross between Archimedes and the dude who built the Great Pyramids in Egypt.:)) Last weekend I installed one of those over the range microwave appliance that sit 'suspended' in mid-air over the cooker (stove for North Americans). The previous "made-in-the-good ol' U.S of A" microwave had died (surprise, surprise). And after selecting and taking delivery of a replacement Samsung model, I spent most of Sunday with pencil and tape measure, (occasionally scratching my head at the installation instructions) making the theoretical calculations required to locate and drill the required holes both in the wall and cabinets to fit the new appliance. The point of no-return was when I started the drilling..........and guess what, the damn thing actually fitted !!! Yep, no tears, no recriminations, no beating myself over the head !

And as a bonus - to date, fingers crossed, the microwave hasn't collapsed or anything.... :))

1 comment:

Jas B said...

Your spick and span kitchen makes me ashamed of myself!!
I better get going and attend to my kitchen!!

Good job on that microwave!